zhengzhou UNIVERSITY of industrial technology
Zhengzhou University of Industrial Technology is located in a famous historical city Xinzheng and Zhengzhou airport economic comprehensive experimental area, a pioneering zone of air harbor economic development. It is a undergraduate university focused on engineering, medical, pharmaceutical etc. The university was formerly called Zhengzhou Huaxin Vocational School established in 1997 and renamed Zhengzhou Huaxin Vocational and Technical College in 2001 and upgraded in 2008 to an undergraduate college. It was renamed again as Zhengzhou University of Industrial Technology in 2014.
World Ranking: 658
Year of Commencement of English Medium : 2008
Ranking in China: 273
Number of International Students :108
Entry Requirements : Yes
Enrollment Quota : 150
CAPUSES COURSE PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS INTERNSHIP ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
The university keeps investing in the infrastructure to improve teaching and learning facilities. There are two campuses with total investment of 18.37 billion yuan covering an area of 1979 mu and building construction area of 642,000 square meters, of which indoor and outdoor sports ground covers 114,200 square meters including swimming pool, gymnasium, academic exchange center, comprehensive student service center, integrated playground college students’ incubation center and other facilities. It has 35 experimental training center and comprehensive laboratories and 187 laboratories with the total value of teaching and scientific research instruments and equipments reaching 136 million yuan. Paper books collected in the library totaled 1.925 million and 210,000 kinds of electronic books, 15627 kinds of electronic journals as well as fifteen Chinese-foreign databases. Beautiful campus and good teaching conditions have completed.
- The predecessor of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering College was the Department of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, which was established in 2006. In the process of nearly 10 years of running school, the school always adheres to motto of "Great Virtue, Professional Dedication, Pursuit Truth, Practical Application", Hard Entrepreneurship Well-governed Country. At presents, the department has five undergraduate majors, six higher vocational profession whose specialty including Mechanical Design Manufacturing and Automation for provincial comprehensive reform pilot and Electrical Engineering and automation for the provincial brand. Opened for 10 years, the school always adheres to local industry and machinery oriented and vigorously develops high quality applied talents, successively conveying more than six thousand students who are Machinery, Electronics, Automobile, Industrial Design talent. Employment rate and employment quality enhance unceasingly. The employment rate was 93.5%, 94.2% and 94.7% respectively in 2013, 2014, 2015, which made a positive contribution for the development of local economy and machinery and electronics industry.
At present, the school established fifteen undergraduate majors which are the Civil Engineering, Engineering Management, Road and Bridge and River Crossing Engineering, Architecture, Urban and Rural Planning and five vocational profession including Architectural Engineering Technology, Project Cost, Project Supervision, Building Decoration, Engineering Survey Technology. There are 9426 full-time college students in total .
The Scholarships are availavle for the above mentioned undergraduate courses. The original tuition fees is 18000 RMB per year. The scholarship covers full tuition fees. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of selction by the university, once the student is selected for scholarship, he/she will get the scholarship for the entire duration of the studies which is four years for undergraduate programs.
Student are required pay the following fees.
1. Registration Fees: USD 120 (Only in First Year)
2. Visa Letter JW202 Fees: USD 330 (Only in First Year)
3. DHL Charges for the delivery of Documents: USD 50 (Only in First Year)
4. University Development Fees USD 2000 (Only in First Year)
5. Hostel Fees: RMB 5000 Per Year ( Two students in one room)
6. Residence Permit Fees: RMB 400 Per Year
7. Medical Checkup RMB 400 Per Year
8. Medical Insurance RMB 800 Per Year
9. Books: RMB 500 (Only in First Year)
On completing the requirements of the teaching program and passing the graduation examinations successfully, international undergraduates will be granted a graduation certificate and conferred a bachelor degree by the ZUIT, if they meet the degree regulations of the university.
The university attaches great importance to the construction of teaching staff, vigorously implementing the strategy of talent governance. Currently there are 1192 full-time employees, of whom 775 are full-time teachers accounted for 65%, 104 teachers with senior professional titles and 176 with deputy titles accounted for 36.13%. It also has 498 teachers with master’s or doctor’s degree respectively taking up 64.26% of the total staff.
The library has more tha twenty thousand books and periodicals, with electronic reading rooms. A special reading room is well equipped for the international students, so that they can read original English newspapers, books and periodicals. The school possesses a rich reserve of books. It has textbooks and reference materials for sciences in English medium.
Classrooms are equipped with multimedia. Teachers for international students are highly qualified professors. There are international teachers teaching the international students.
There is separate hostel for boys and girls
Well-appointed hostels with fully furnished Air-conditioned rooms made for international students. Rooms are furnished with beds, study tables, internet access, and air conditioning.
The hostels are given good protection by security agencies and police booths in the University.
Halal Food is available. Muslim hotels are available in the campus. Students can choose to take their Halal meals at the canteen. For international and local students, breakfast, lunch, supper and all kinds of snacks are available at very reasonable cost.
About Zhengzhou City
Zhengzhou, the capital city of Henan Province, is located in the middle of China. The famous Shaolin Temple near this city is the cradle of the Chinese martial arts that provided the inspiration for Kung Fu movies. The city is a national historical and cultural city and also the first destination for any Henan Tour. The ancient city was the capital of Shang Dynasty (16th - 11th century BC) 3,500 years ago when porcelain and the Chinese technique of bronze smelting were comparatively more developed. A green ceramic glaze pot unearthed in Zhengzhou has been shown to be the most ancient porcelain in China. A long history has left the city with many cultural and historic sites.
With a warm temperate continental climate, the annual average temperature of Zhengzhou is about 14.3C (about 57.7F). The weather is comfortable, with bright sunshine and a clear distinction between the four seasons. The climate in July is the hottest with an average temperature of about 27.3C (about 81.1F), while the coldest month is January, with an average temperature around minus 0.2C (about 31.6 F). Winter weather in Zhengzhou is cold though seldom snowy. However, rainfall is abundant during summer. Autumn is usually sunny and with long daytimes and is the best season for your travel to the city.
Nestled in central China, Zhengzhou is the capital city of Henan Province. It is an important transport hub for air lines, rails and highways in China so that flight, train and long-distance bus services are all very convenient in the city. In addition, Zhengzhou hosts some historical and cultural scenic spots. Easy travels with these means of transportation bring a large number of tourists. The convenient city-buses, taxis and subways also satisfied many tourists. If you would like to tour the surrounding areas/cities, the intercity trains and buses are of great help.
Xinzheng International Airport was put into use in 1997. Around 16mi (25km) from the city center, it now operates more than 160 air routes. Over 1,400 flights land and take off from the airport every week. Flights for many cities of China are available here, such as Beijing, Chengdu, Guangzhou, Guilin, Haikou, Shanghai and Shenzhen. Passengers can also directly fly to Hong Kong and Macau for a good trip.
Located at the crossing of Beijing-Guangzhou Railway Line and Lianyungang-Lanzhou Railway Line, Zhengzhou is one of the most important railway hinges in China to be regarded as the heart of China Rail System. There are five railway stations in the city: Zhengzhou Station, East Station, West Station and South Station (under construction) are high-speed ones and the former two are for both passenger and cargo transport; North Station is for freight only.
- Back to Top ▲
- Entry Requirements
- The age of applicants must be 17 to 25 years.
- The applicants must be a High school graduate or above, or have passed Grade Twelve (10+2)/FSc./A Level/WAEC or equivalent.
- The average score of high school examination must be ablove 60%.